The Cali Greek Step League is the official California Step League for fraternity & sorority step team. The League is designed to provide members of participating organizations with an opportunity to showcase their talents in the step art form and to promote awareness of their respective fraternal organizations. Stepping, as we know it in the United States, is an art form whose roots derive from National Pan Hellenic Council (NPHC) organizations. The state of California particularly has a rich history in step. To continue the legacy, CSA strives to give students an opportunity to learn about and perform it in exhibition and competitive shows. Greek league events will also provide an opportunity for the public to learn about and enjoy step performances while witnessing the passion and excitement of college steppers. This platform also provides the public with information and access to the programs offered by participating league organizations in communities throughout the state.
In line with President Obama’s initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans, the California Step Association also provides a great opportunity for Greek League participants to empower, encourage and reach out to the K-12 youth of their communities to inspire interest and desire in college attendance and thus bridge the gap between the number of students continuing education beyond high school. CSA also supports platforms affecting the young people of our state including but not limited to “NO Drinking and Driving”, “NO Texting and Driving”, and safe sex campaigns.
Despite the competitive nature of step, CSA encourages and provides opportunities for teams to support one another, network and bond to enrich their league experience and establish new relationships and social skills that will positively impact their post collegiate success.
How the Greek League works:
- Greek fraternity and sorority step teams throughout the state of California can register to participate in the upcoming league season between September 1-January 15.
- Step Season officially begins in January
- A list of qualifying step shows will be released for teams to chose
- Upon registration, teams choose to perform in 1-3 of the qualifying step shows; each team’s performance scores will be averaged at the end of the season
- Teams with the top score average will compete at the championship show for a chance to be crowned the 2013 Cali Greek Step Champs
- The Championship Step Show will take place in June
- Team must consist of steppers from a single Greek fraternity or sorority
- Team must consist of at least (3) steppers
- Multiple teams from the same fraternity or sorority okay
- All steppers performing on a team MUST be listed on the initial team registration form; changes to the team roster will not be permitted once league competitions begin
- Disorderly conduct by any team or individual stepper may result in individual or team disqualification from league competitions
How to register:
- Complete Cali Greek Step League Team Registration Form
- Pay $100 registration fee (participation in some show qualifiers may require an additional registration fee)
Powered by WebForms